• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subrogation & Insurance Companies Not Paying...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ophelia00

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was rear ended by two different vehicles on 11/11/05. Both parties were ticketed. My car was in the shop for a month, I just got it back only to discover that it was cosmetically repaired, while the damaged metal still lies underneath. Doors are not aligned and the liftgate doesn't latch properly or lock, and has gaps so wide I can stick fingers in them. This is considered repaired?? Now I have to take it back to the shop for who knows how long this time. Surely I should not have to suffer a permanently damaged vehicle due to an accident that I was not at fault. My insurance company paid for the "repairs" and is attempting to get back the money, but the responsible parties are not returning calls or messages...and it's now been a month!

I received minor injuries, saw a doctor the same day and was prescribed pain medication and something for muscle spasms.

This is my first accident in my entire life. Is there anything I can do, either with my own insurance company (for not making sure it was properly repaired) or with the others?

moburkes

ophelia00 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was rear ended by two different vehicles on 11/11/05. Both parties were ticketed. My car was in the shop for a month, I just got it back only to discover that it was cosmetically repaired, while the damaged metal still lies underneath. Doors are not aligned and the liftgate doesn't latch properly or lock, and has gaps so wide I can stick fingers in them. This is considered repaired?? Now I have to take it back to the shop for who knows how long this time. Surely I should not have to suffer a permanently damaged vehicle due to an accident that I was not at fault. My insurance company paid for the "repairs" and is attempting to get back the money, but the responsible parties are not returning calls or messages...and it's now been a month!

I received minor injuries, saw a doctor the same day and was prescribed pain medication and something for muscle spasms.

This is my first accident in my entire life. Is there anything I can do, either with my own insurance company (for not making sure it was properly repaired) or with the others?
Let your insurance company deal w/ the subrogation part. But, call them back, and explain about the fact that your vehicle has not been fixed. They should be able to help you. If you took the vehicle to one of their preferred repair shops, it might be an easier process for the additional repairs (just as aside). If you took it to your own place, then the process might be a little longer. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">