• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subrogation law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

safety1st

What is the name of your state? AR

What are the subrogation laws when dealing with medical insurance providers? Is there any equitable defense provided also? Thanks:confused:

safety1st

Do I have to reimburse my medical insurance co. for the amount of medical cost they payed on my behalf from a auto accident that was not my fault? The second part of the original question remains the same.

lwpat

Why do you think it is equitable for them to pay for your medical care and then you also collect?

ecmst12

Yes, you do have to reimburse them. Whatever settlement you get will be based on your medical bills. If YOU did not actually incur those costs, then the damaged party is your insurance company, and they have the right to recover their costs.

safety1st

Thanks for your reply ecmst12. I understand subrogation but needed to know if Ar has such code pertaining to health insurance. I must assume so with your reply.

lwpat, Please re-read my original question. The law will determine whats costs are repaid.

ecmst12

I didn't research your specific state laws, you can google those yourself. In most states, subrogation is legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">