• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue for damage compensation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wiley65

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was in a minor auto accident a few months back that caused approx. $2000 damage to my vehicle. The individual that hit me was issued a ticket at the scene for trying to pass on a one-lane road. His insurance company refused to compensate me for the damage he caused and I only have liability insurance. I have since found out that the other driver has made some false statements about the events to his insurance company. I have recently spoken with the trooper who investigated the scene and he agreed (as he did at the scene) that he believed the other driver to be at fault. Can I take the other driver to court to recover damages even though Colorado is a no-fault state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">