• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue for Deductible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenkik1

What is the name of your state? Accident occurred in PA. I live in NJ

Insurance Company says they cannot determine who is at fault in my accident. The accident occurred at the airport. I was attempting to pull into a parallel curbside space at the Philly airport. A pickup was double parked w/hazards on and was stopped. I had to pass the truck to park in the space ahead. The pickup driver did not see me, proceeded forward and hit my rear psgr side qtr panel as I was pulling into the space. Other driver said I hit her. I would have to be moving backwards and sideways to hit her.

Insurance company says they cannot determine fault. My word against hers. We have the same insurance company. I have a $500 deductible. Estimated damage was $1100. Can I sue the other driver for my deductible? Is it worth it? I am the only one out of $ here. Frustrated.

ecmst12

You can try, but you'll need evidence to present. Did you take any pictures at the scene? I can't really picture what you're describing. Were you moving when you were hit, or stopped? If you were moving, what direction?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">