• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sued by sister in law for golf cart injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whipple68

What is the name of your state? utah
i am a new user here i am being sued by my sister in law who is trying to collect $10000 for injuries she sustained while riding on my golf cart this was about a year ago we were riding in some open land by her house where everyone goes riding there were three of us sitting on the seat i was driving one girl was sitting next to me in the middle and her friend was sitting to her right it was dark out i had lights on the golf cart there were some hills we were riding over we had been driving around for about 1o mins when we came to the top of one of the hills and on the other side there was a drop off of about 6 feet straight down where a front end loader had removed some dirt the cart flipped over foward i got off the girls friend got off ok but she hit the ground on her side it was loose dirt she said she was in a lot of pain she was taken to the hospital and stayed the night she has had back problem before and claims that she cannot work because she cannot stand for a long time but she goes to clubs dancing all the time i do not belive that she is injured at all she is mad at me because my wife (her sister) and i are getting a divorce what should i do can them come after me i contacted my homeowners insurance and they said they will not pay her medical bills because the golf cart was not being used fot what it was made for but that they would defend me if she tried to sue me. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">