• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suicidal man

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

b4miche

I work for utility co. One morning driving to the jobsite in company vehicle (which happens to be very large truck hauling a lot of weight) I was travelling down a two lane hiway when an oncoming vehicle crossed over into my lane, and hit me head on. The driver was very depressed and on medication over the recent loss of his wife. I saw his face up until impact and he was awake and seemed to have been doing this on purpose. He was killed in the accident. I was injured in the neck and back. This injury has been covered by my workers compensation. I do not think I will be compensated by workers comp and his ins. company except for dr. bills but CAN I sue based on the fact that he assaulted me on purpose? The workers comp people are brushing me off because my injury is nerve damage and mental stress both of which do not show up on most standard tests. Thus injuries are there but no one knows it but me (headaches, stress anxiety, severe paranoia, neck pain stiffness, tingling and weakness in my rt arm.) Can I sue his estate for his attempt on my life in an effort to end his own? The coroner has determined it was suicide. This has made a big impact on my family and my career as a truck driver. I only get a partial payment of my regular wages weekly and I have missed opportunities for advancement in my company. Any suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated. I live in SC.

[Edited by b4miche on 12-30-2000 at 08:27 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">