• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing an Auto Dealership for poor quality auto body repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dv1

New Mexico
I brought my car to a dealership for warranty work. The dealership wrecked my car. They attempted to repair my car in their body shop twice. I refused the repair the first time and they attempted to fix it again. I refused the repair the second time, however this time the General Manager and the Service Manager both told me the car was repaired correctly and they would not make any further repairs.

My car is not repaired to the pre-accident condition, there are many noticeable defects in the repair job. Paint doesn’t match, lumpy surface on metal portion of car, wavy metal portion where the metal panel of the body meets the plastic bumper, “fish eyes,” “orange peel,” they left paint overspray on the car from poor masking off of area, etc. There is a body line folded into the metal running the length of the car and is now obliterated, it is not there anymore, on the repaired side of the car! I have written estimates from other body shops as to how to repair the car to pre-accident condition. Will I need one of these body shop repairmen to show up for the small claims court date as a witness? Or can I just go it alone?

There are no insurance companies involved. The response letter from the car dealership to the court states that the repair is to insurance standards and they name some top insurance companies in the letter, Allstate, Farmers, and State Farm. This is odd because there is no claim filed with any of these companies. As to the poor quality repair job, I can show this repair job to anyone and they can see that it is not repaired correctly.

dv1

I will use any relevant forums to post my message for any particular problem I am experiencing at the time in order to increase my chances of any helpful advice. And PLEASE, if you do not have anything appropriate to add, do not post to my threads.

teflon_jones

If you post in multiple threads people will not answer your posts. It makes our job more difficult since we have no idea what has been said on the other thread that may be pertinent. You're getting free advice, so follow the forum rules.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">