• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suing an Auto Shop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

delac

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I brought my vehicle in to an auto shop to have my hood replaced. When I got my car back I noticed that the shift lever was loose when I drove my car out of the lot. I then proceeded to drive for another 3 minutes when the shift lever completely detached from the base causing me to come to a sudden stop in the middle of a busy street. My hunch is that my car being a sports car was most likely taken for a joy ride by someone from the auto shop staff and then partially damaged when I got it back. I talked to the manager of the shop and they told me that they will not assume responsiblity of this matter. What kind of action could I take regarding this incident?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">