• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suing my friend's ins- can we still be friends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpmyfriend

What is the name of your state? CA

ok, i'm suing my friend's insurance company and him and his mom are named in the suit. I know this is just a formality sometimes but my accident is a large claim suit so that it MAY BE possible for the amount awarded to be more than what my friend is covered for.

1) Would this come out of his own pocket?

2) How can I have my lawyer sue for under the covered amount so that this money won't come out of my friend's pocket if it does. (since he does get a percent he would want to get the largest possilbe amount right?)

3) How can I assure him and his parent that I'm not there to screw him over (I just want my medical bills paid and pain and suffering money)

4) My lawyer said that I cant talk to him and that his lawyer said he cant talk to me.... why is that when we just want to be friends and get on with our lives.....

ps. he fell asleep while driving and i was a passenger in his car... no other cars were hit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">