• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suing without lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cparham_naa

What is the name of your state? pa.
I was hit on 02/13/06 by a 77 year old lady. she hit me on the passenger side of my car, and totally wrecked it. She called insurance company before i did, and told them that she hit me. She admitted fault to me and police, said she did not hear my horn or see me, she was distracted by some medical news she had that day. I was diag with a spinal cord injury with no paralisyis. but i have weird symptoms, insomina, extreme headaches, fatique, neck stiffness, nausea, vertigo, a few things...I was diagnosed with shoulder tendonits. No help so far from PT or at home instructions, i have not been written back to work due to symtoms. I already sent a demand letter. (my friend is a paralegal, with lawyer friends) I also stated that any info was for settlement purposes and not to be used in court. i included, loss of life, sex, future medical pain and suffering, etc. my medical bills are already over $24,000, not including future checkups.

When dealing with the insurance company, do i still have to notify the insurer of my intent to sue. I already notified her insurance company and mine. do I still have to send her a letter personally? How much do you think my case is worth? my lost wages are already over 40,000

Thank you for your time

Carol Parham

seniorjudge

cparham_naa said:
What is the name of your state? pa.
I was hit on 02/13/06 by a 77 year old lady. she hit me on the passenger side of my car, and totally wrecked it. She called insurance company before i did, and told them that she hit me. She admitted fault to me and police, said she did not hear my horn or see me, she was distracted by some medical news she had that day. I was diag with a spinal cord injury with no paralisyis. but i have weird symptoms, insomina, extreme headaches, fatique, neck stiffness, nausea, vertigo, a few things...I was diagnosed with shoulder tendonits. No help so far from PT or at home instructions, i have not been written back to work due to symtoms. I already sent a demand letter. (my friend is a paralegal, with lawyer friends) I also stated that any info was for settlement purposes and not to be used in court. i included, loss of life, sex, future medical pain and suffering, etc. my medical bills are already over $24,000, not including future checkups.

When dealing with the insurance company, do i still have to notify the insurer of my intent to sue. I already notified her insurance company and mine. do I still have to send her a letter personally? How much do you think my case is worth? my lost wages are already over 40,000

Thank you for your time

Carol Parham

If you have serious and permanent physical damages which you can medically attribute to this accident, then sue the person who did it to you. Ask for whatever amount you want. (Ask for the farm; settle for a goat.)

cparham_naa

Thank you for your reply.

Do i still need to contact the insurer, to let her know that i am suing her insurance company. or do i deal directly with them?

seniorjudge

Q: Do i still need to contact the insurer, to let her know that i am suing her insurance company. or do i deal directly with them?

A: If you have serious and permanent physical damages which you can medically attribute to this accident, then sue the person who did it to you. Ask for whatever amount you want. (Ask for the farm; settle for a goat.)

cparham_naa

So with all the work i did with the insurance company, do i still sue them too? Sorry if seem so dumb. and now that i should sue her, do i follow the same procedures? Should i send her a copy of the demand letter? and proceed from there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

racer72

Sue the person that hit you. That person will notify their insurance company and the insurance company will provide that person with an attorney. When that attorney finds out you do not have legal representation, based on your posts here, you are going to be easy pickin's. Some requests for habeus corpus here and a few subpeonas there, you are not going to fair well in court. At a minimum, go talk to a local attorney, many personal injury attorney's give free consultations. You don't stand much of a chance on your own.

cparham_naa

Thank you for your replies.

My problem is...my son got hit by a car march of 2000. and this lawyer still has this case. It was open and closed. the guy even went to jail. the guy got 6 years, and now he's out and my son's case has not got heard, yet. I have only a promise of a court date.

I don't want this to linger in the hands of a lawyer. I'm already broke now. I'm scared to get a lawyer. Also i forgot to mention. The lady that hit me was 77 years old and that day she got news that she only had a few months to live. What if she's already dead? Would it be easier for me to just deal with the insurance company, or i have no choice but to get a lawyer and wait for years?

moburkes

Your questions have been answered. Nothing that you have added will change the responses that you have received.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">