• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lihpip

What is the name of your state?IOWA

First off i am intrested in know if i can contact my county DA and ask her questions about my current situation or if that is not an option.

Heres the deal a few a months ago i was cited for unlawful use of license...to make a long story short i was in a bar(im 21) and someone was caught using my ID, i then tried to get the id back and the bouncer would not give it back till the cops were present, cops come and cite me for unlawful use of license(traffic violation). I pay my fine and now i get a notice in the mail saying my liscense is being suspensed in the state of iowa for 30 days (i live in MN where i will be for the duration of the 30 days suspension, go to school in iowa)

It says i may appeal the action with written support of my appeal.

it also says i may request a temporary restricted license work permit that will review my driving record.

It also says a civil penalty of 200 must be paid before reinstatement of my driving privileges

I have a squeaky clean driving record so i am thinking i may be able to get this appealed and or a work permit, but do i still have to pay the 200 fine? Advice?

racer72

but do i still have to pay the 200 fine?
The temporary work permit license will only be good for the duration of the suspension. If you do not pay the $200, your license will then be suspended for the failure to pay the fine. That means if you ever want a valid unrestricted license again, you will have to pay the fine.

lihpip

there was already a 150 dollar fine that i paid, the 200 is a liscense reinstatement thing, do i still pay that if i appeal or get the work permit?

lihpip

i have a clean driving record and my violation was completely unrelated to driving, would this possibly help my chances in an appeal of the suspension or is that completely out of the question

ecmst12

I don't see how your clean driving record will be relevant since the suspension was unrelated to driving. It may help convince the judge of how SORRY you are for screwing up and how you will never do anything like this again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">