• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suv hit my parked car overnight, what proof do i need that it was that suv without ac

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shardog415

What is the name of your state? CA

I was parked across the street from a home that has a Toyota 4 runner 2 nights ago. This morning I noticed that my back fender had been hit. Cracked and damaged. It is clear that it was a large vehicle that caused the damage. You can see that the grill went over my bumper when it ran into it. What can I do? I have a $1000 deductible for insurance. I'm sure it's the 4 runner across the street that caused the damage. Shiuld I approach the owner. Do I have a case?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you look at the 4-Runner to see if it had any damage? If it does, you can ask the owner and see if he admits hitting you. Since he didn't leave a note, my guess is that he will deny it.

If he has no damages and nobody saw him do it, there is no way to prove it and you'd be wasting your time pursuing it.

If he has damages which match up to yours and he denys it, you can ask the police to investigate. I once had a case where the damages matched up and the guy cracked under questioning by the police, as they pointed this out to him.

All in all, your chances are very, very slim, at best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">