• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

T boned in accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lawrenq

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

About a month ago on 11/11/05 I was in a car accident. I was driving on a three lane highway. When a lady in a suburban tried to cut across the highway to get in the median. She was coming from a side street perpendicular to the highwa I was traveling on. I hit her chevy suburban head on on her drivers side. After the accident I was kind of dizzy and worried about my fiance and my 4 month year old son in the back seat. And during that time the lady in the surburban ran across the street and came back. When the police came to the scene she told the officer that she was a passenger and the driver got out and ran. The officer told me this when I was on the back of the ambulance. And gave me a police report. It turned out that she was driving someone's else truck but it wasn't stolen. The police report had the owner's insurance and policy number. I didn't really suffer no injuries other than whiplash and soft tissue damage. My fiance broke her foot in six different places, and so far the baby is ok. My car is totaled, that same night I contacted their insurance company(state farm) and filed a claim. The day after that we hired a lawyer.
Two weeks went by and my lawyer tells me that state farm isn't accepting liabilty for the accident and decides to investigate my claim. I know I should ask my lawyer the following question, but the last two days I couldn't get in touch with him.

How long does state farm has to investigate my claim?

lawrenq

The adjuster wouldn't talk to me since I hired a lawyer. She said that she can't. When I get in contact with my lawyer I'll get him to ask her that question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">