• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Take insurance money or not ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bouncer

What is the name of your state? TX

I was involved in a minor accident 14 months ago. Since it was a rear end collision where a teenager driving his girl friend's car hit my car from behind, her auto insurance company offered me to take care of my medical bills. They also paid $2000 to fix my car. My doctor billed every expense (around $1500) to my medical insurance company and they paid all the bills. I also submitted the bills to her auto insurance. They are now offering me $1500 to settle this case and sign a paper releasing the cliam. Should I accept this money and sign this paper? What are my chances of getting additional money for his negligence? is it legal to take this money or seek more compensaion?

Last edited:

stephenk

First contact your health insurance plan that paid your doctor's bills and find out if they will or will not demand that they be reimbursed by you for the bills they paid once you reach a settlement with the other driver's insurance company. If they demand reimbursement, the 1500 you have been offered will go right to your insurance company.

If your insurance company does not demand reimbursement, then go ahead and accept the offer or counter demand for a little more. The worst they can say is no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">