• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terrible car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peachypie1

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have a terrible problem and I do have a lawyer for this, however he doesn't seem very reassuring so I thought I'd post here.

on last November 16, My 39 year old sister died in my arms. I drove home after drinking several glasses of wine. ON the way home I got into a car accident, not terribly serious at the time. HOwever after the gentleman was home, he suffered a pulmonary embolism and now they are charging me with homicide. Do you see any way out of this? like i said, my lawyer isn't very reassuring. I'm a 50 yo mother of 5 children and have NEVER been in trouble before. I can't believe that a person like me can be facing 60 years in jail. any insight would be appreciated.
Peachypie

spawn_x

yes my advice would be to start lifting weights so you don't become someone's b**ch when you start serving your sentence.

:rolleyes: I hope you are found guilty.

K

knotcops

spawn_x said:
yes my advice would be to start lifting weights so you don't become someone's b**ch when you start serving your sentence.

spawn_x...."ouch" to that response! I agree with you 100%!!!!!!

Lady, your are 50 years old and still don't realize that drinking and driving is illegal. It also kills people as you have found out the hard way. Good luck in jail, you'll need it. Don't look for any sympathy here as you won't get it and don't deserve it.

Ask the relatives of the person you killed if the sentence of jail time is fair to you.

Last edited:
P

Peachypie1

I thought the people on here were lawyers

spawn_x said:

I thought there were lawyers on this board who could be of assistance. I guess only juveniles frequent these boards who don't have any understanding of laws or culpability.

spawn_x

i have enough understanding of the law to tell you to start lifting weights because look you WERE driving drunk, in an accident, and somebody died. Period.

dakoto70

Spawn

I know it doesn't make a difference but I don't think her sister died because the woman was drinking and driving, I don' think she said how she died except she died in her arms. The guy who died was the guy she hit, made it home and seemed ok and than died at home.

I was confused about the post but I think this is how it happened. Maybe her sister died and she went out and got drunk and than had this accident? I don't know but I do know that drinking and drivingis wrong. I was just trying to figure out this post and hope I don't upset you.

spawn_x

After reading your post I went back to the initial one and agree with you 100%, I was wrong..

Out of pity I did some research on PE, and it is not necessarily caused by an accident of some sort, so your best bet is to try and prove that the condition was already there..

F

fordaisy

You people are horrible. A loved one died in her arms, she was probably totally tramatized. Any adult would have had a drink after that...no one can forsee the future. The guy who died later at home was probably so old any kind of trama would have killed him. It wasn't a planned murder. OJ Simpson gets out scott free and some 50 yr old woman with 5 kids has to go to jail because she was tramatized by a loved ones death. The worst she should get it negligence and probation.

K

knotcops

fordaisy,
Get a life, get real or get off the boards. I'm sorry her sister died in her arms. That's tragic, but it is no excuse whatsoever to get drunk, drive, get in an accident that may have contributed to this mans death and then come her trying to find an answer that pleases her. There is none. She should have thought about the consequences BEFORE climbing into her car. What if she were the one that died and left her 5 kids without a mother?

F

fordaisy

knotcops,
You sound like a very immature person. Everyone has a right to speak, this is an open forum and you have no right telling me or anyone else to get off it just because you don't agree with what their saying. People like you learn the hard way not to be so hard on the world. There will be a time in the future that the judgement you've laid on this person will come back to haunt you when you yourself are in a similar situation.

K

knotcops

fordaisy,
I won't be in a "similar" situation because I DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE, do you get that?

Judgement? What judgement. She admits to drinking, driving, getting into an accident that eventually killed somebody.

Maybe you ought to be thankfull it wasn't you husband, father or child that was killed by this woman. I'm sure your opinion would be far different if it was.

Take a look at this site and tell me if drinking and driving is acceptable behavior, for whatever reason.
www.onlyinternet.net/bmeyer/drunkdriving.htm

Last edited:

ellencee

Peachypie1
I'd like to know about the accident, how it happened, what damages were done to each car, if a police report was filed, if you were tested for blood alcohol level, and if any citations were issued.

Perhaps you are in a state that has a mandatory charge of vehicular homicide when a driver that is legally intoxicated causes an accident that results in death of a person.

Any information you have on the man who was killed, ie. on the health and any injury sustained in the accident, would be helpful.

I recommend that you and your attorney hire a legal nurse consultant also certified as a forensic nurse to help in investigating the charges against you as relates to the health of and injury to the man who died. This is a relatively new field in legal nurse consulting and is proving to be very beneficial in situations such as your.

Best wishes,
EC

It is entirely possible that his death from a PE was totally unrelated to the accident, as it is possible that is directly related.

K

kadaf555

Come on people, theres only one GOD................................. Keep Your Head Up Peachypie1. Dont listen to these ______. They don't no better. Good luck
P.S. People who drive while on cell phone's are worst than drunk drivers. Not trying to judge, I just see it all day every day.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">