• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft Recovery Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluecar

What is the name of your state?Hello I have found this BMW in Florida which apparently is in good condition but the title is a CERTIFICATE OF DESTRUCTION.
The car was stolen, the owners were paid by the insurance. Then it later showed up.
Now as far as I understand it in Florida if a car is found after the owners have already been reinbursed for it the car becomes a parts car with a destruction title. And it can't be put back on the road. Even if the car is in good condition.

My question is can a Florida Certificate of Destruction be converted to a salvage, reconstructed, or clean title in any other state? E.g Texas or Pennsylvannia

Do all states have this law that a car which has already been paid for by insurance cannot go back on the road? Even if it can pass inspection?
Please do give any advice that you might have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">