• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Their Insurance contacting me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FirstTimer01

What is the name of your state? CA

Hello,

A friend of mine gave me their car and before I was able to get insurance on it, I was involved in a car accident. :( I rear ended a car and her insurance company contacted my friend (who gave me the car) via mail and informed her that she had to pay about 1,200 dollars. My friend also told me that her cousin and aunt who live with her also got the same letter in their name. I'm not sure if the insurance company did not know who the car belonged to so sent a letter to the address of the car. Anyways, my friend called the insurance and informed them that she gave me the car and faxed them a copy of the pink slip. I just received a letter this week and being charged 2,780 dollars. (Not sure of why the big difference from 1,200 to 2,780) :eek: Also, I am being threatened that they will take me to court, suspend my license and take this fine to the credit bureau. :confused: :( I have a certain timeframe to contact the insurance company but I am needing some advice. Please help!!! :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">