• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a formula?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

y007

What is the name of your state? Washington

Februay of 2004 I was hit from behind, the driver has admitted fault and I have received a pretty fair settlement for my car.
I went through one year of rehab which my PIP took care of. The other insurance has since paid the medical bills which amounts to $6500.
I filled out the release of authorization form for the other insurance to view my records from my PIP in mid April. This means they do not have any other medical information records except those that pertain to the accident.

No one had called me to make me an offer of settlement in 3 months so I called and left a message last week. When the adjuster called me back he offered me $2500, which I found insulting. I am to call him back this week and talk some more about a settlement. He urged me to be fair! Also, the adjuster told me that he had all my prior medical records as well. When I told him that was not true he recanted.

What I'd like to know, is there a formula for settlements? I had heard that 2 1/2 times the medical bills was the right formula. Can anyone give me some insight as to what the adjuster is thinking and is his yearly bonus based on how much $$ for settlements he hands out?

CB

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">