• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a statute of limitations on a small claims filing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pcolawillie

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Florida

I was involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist. In May of 2003. Other driver was at fault. My vehicle was totaled and I have no collision insurance. Officer estimated damage at $2,500, I also have medical bills that weren't covered by the deductible (from my insurance.) Can you please advise me as to what to do now? If I can do anything at all due to how long ago it was.

C

coosi

http://levyclerk.com/html/small_claims.html

From this site

How long you have to file a claim in court, notably Small Claims Court, varies depending on the topic and circumstances of the respective litigation. Chapter 95.11, Florida Statutes, explains that a person has between one and five years. In some case, you can have up to 20 years to file if you are challenging a judgment or court decree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">