• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They don't want to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tyedigh

What is the name of your state? Maryland
I was rear ended in traffic I was stopped and the woman hit me. She was driving her fathers car and said she didn't have insurance information. I have for the past week gotten an estimate on the damage, gotten a medical check up and needed to get medication for a short term shoulder injury. I could not work for 2 days because of the injury. I was asked by the woman not to go through insurance. Being a nice guy I agreed, I responded to her with the amount of the estimate and the amount of my Dr and medicine bills. The shop i went to told me that they couldn't repair it due to rust damage. The person has since called the shop and found out the information after faxing a copy of the repair bill to the person. The person *actually her father* is now stating that there wasn't as much damage as we claim and doesn't want to pay. Should I go to the insurance company or try to take legal action? I'm stressed out by this after trying to be nice about it. This happened a week and a day ago, this is how long i've been held off by this person. Can someone help please?

K

knotcops

You can file the claim with your company if you have comp and coll. They will turn around and go after the other company. Or, file the claim with their carrier, if you know who it is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">