• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

are they responsible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skip lee

What is the name of your state?florida

i was driving on I-95 following a 18 wheeler when i saw a tool or object come off his bed of his truck it hit the ground and bounced up and hit my grill and deflected up to my windshield cracking it. i was able to stop the driver and explained to him what had happened we called the highway patrol and they said they would not respond to something as minor as that, so we exchanged insurance information. a few weeks latter i recieved a letter from the other drivers carrier and they said that they needed to get my version of what happened and that i needed to get an estimate of the damages and if it was over 500.00 they would need two estimates well it was only 290.00 so when i sent it to them they replyed that after interviewing the driver they said that they would not pay for the damages that it could not have happened the way i said it did. i know that it is not a lot of money but it is the principle of the matter, and the rudeness of the adjuster to me on the phone more or less he called me a liar.

teflon_jones

Do you have insurance? If you do, do you have glass coverage? If you don't, add it today. It's normally only about $20/year. If you do have glass coverage, go through your insurance company and have your windshield replaced. Glass coverage is not subject to a deductible, nor will it result in a premium hike.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">