• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They want to settle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mcblues

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? I live in Arkansas but the accident was in Missourri. I was involed in an accident at an amusement park in wich a walkway collapsed out from under about 21 of us. I wasn't seriously injured. A badly bruised elbow and a small puncture wound on my shin. My wife also had a punture wound on her leg, many bruises and 5 stitches in her head. Only one person was seriously hurt and the park wants to settle with everyone involved.
I have to get back with them and give them an amount. What am I entitled to? I'm not trying to get rich off these people but I know it's worth something.
Thanks alot.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mcblues said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? I live in Arkansas but the accident was in Missourri. I was involed in an accident at an amusement park in wich a walkway collapsed out from under about 21 of us. I wasn't seriously injured. A badly bruised elbow and a small puncture wound on my shin. My wife also had a punture wound on her leg, many bruises and 5 stitches in her head. Only one person was seriously hurt and the park wants to settle with everyone involved.
I have to get back with them and give them an amount. What am I entitled to? I'm not trying to get rich off these people but I know it's worth something.
Thanks alot.
My response:

1 Bizzillion dollars - - each.

Seriously, how are we supposed to tell you how much you should settle for in these claims? We don't know what you do for a living, we don't know how much the medical bills are that you incurred, or many, many, many other factors.

If you need assistance, talk to a Personal Injury attorney with whom you can discuss the details, and who would then be in a better position to formulate an acceptable settlement demand.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">