• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Third Party in accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

originalmazdawg

What is the name of your state? Texas.

I rear-ended a car that was struck by another that ran a yield sign. I was not directly behind the car I struck, I was in the right lane and he was in the left lane. The car that ran the yield sign came out on his left. They collided and the car that I struck was "propelled" into my lane of travel by the car that ran the yield sign. The insurance of the car that ran the yield sign told me that I shouldn't have been so close to the car I hit, then changed the story to say that the driver of the car I struck said during their interview that I struck him 4-5 seconds after he hit the one that ran the yield sign. "Other" people have told me that because I did not come into contact with the vehicle that caused the accident, I should pursue the insurance of the car that I did collide with. The car that I hit was driven by the son of the owner and was excluded from the policy on the car. The insurance for that car told me that they were not going to cover my damages because the driver was excluded from the policy. It looks like I am an unfortunate victim of not having "uninsured/under-insured" coverage. Ok, here is the question. If I wanted to sue for damages, who would I sue, the driver that ran the yield sign, the son who was excluded from the policy, or the owner of the car that I hit? Or am I just going to have to swallow this one. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Rafael

FlyingRon

The insurance company of the "at-fault" driver is full of crap as usual.
However, the sad state of affairs is that, yes, the usual policy is to sue all drivers involved.

teflon_jones

File a claim with your own insurance company and let them figure out who to go after for the damages. You'll have to pay your deductible, but you'll get it back once your insurance company settles.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">