• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Third party claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katnelson

What is the name of your state? Maryland. I had a work related auto accident where I was rear ended in the company vehicle in Oct 04. I have a lower lumber strain is what the workman comp doctor told me. I have returned to work after being off for 6 weeks. I still received full paychecks while i was off but i did continue therapy for one month after I went back to work and I still have the back pain. They say that nothing is in the xrays but they do not know why I still have pain. My question is can I sue the person who rear ended me insurance company for pain and suffering or does wokman comp do that. I have no attorney

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Katnelson said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland. I had a work related auto accident where I was rear ended in the company vehicle in Oct 04. I have a lower lumber strain is what the workman comp doctor told me. I have returned to work after being off for 6 weeks. I still received full paychecks while i was off but i did continue therapy for one month after I went back to work and I still have the back pain. They say that nothing is in the xrays but they do not know why I still have pain. My question is can I sue the person who rear ended me insurance company for pain and suffering or does wokman comp do that. I have no attorney

My response:

Yes, and if you had an attorney for both of your claims; i.e., Workers' Compensation and your Third Party claim, you wouldn't be asking these questions. See a Personal Injury attorney on Monday, and then ask the attorney for a referral to one of his Workers' Compensation attorney friends.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">