• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket for goin 80 over speed limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Northkorea

What is the name of your state? Michigan

i was going down on I96 going about 155 mph until i didnt notice the state police car ahead of me, he was parked doing radar, 2 miles down the highway i notice the flashing lights, pulled over, the cop was yellin at me and almost took me to jail, gave me the ticket and let me off.

is there anyway i can fight this ticket and win? i know i was foolish going at the rate of speed, my grandpa let me borrow his Porsche , i wish he never let me borrow it in the first place.

my other car got stolen and still not found yet, my granpa felt sorry, i was almost late for work.

any suggestions?

oh and the speed limit was 70....

moburkes

Slow down.
Stop driving.
Realize that driving is a privilege.
Realize that blaming your grandfather, his vehicle, and a theft for your stupidity is a stupid idea.

A speeding ticket is 4 points, and reckless driving is 6. With any luck, OP has another ticket or two on his record, so that his license will be suspended.

alnorth

i was going down on I96 going about 155 mph...

... is there anyway i can fight this ticket and win?
I am shocked that you werent arrested. You have no chance to beat this ticket, nor would I want to see someone who more than doubled a highway speed limit beat a ticket. If I were you, I'd be more concerned with keeping your license than trying to fight a ticket for basically putting a lot of other innocent drivers lives in danger.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? Michigan

i was going down on I96 going about 155 mph until i didnt notice the state police car ahead of me, he was parked doing radar, 2 miles down the highway i notice the flashing lights, pulled over, the cop was yellin at me and almost took me to jail, gave me the ticket and let me off.

is there anyway i can fight this ticket and win? i know i was foolish going at the rate of speed, my grandpa let me borrow his Porsche , i wish he never let me borrow it in the first place.

my other car got stolen and still not found yet, my granpa felt sorry, i was almost late for work.

any suggestions?

oh and the speed limit was 70....

**A: please tell us your highest completed grade level of education.

FlyingRon

I can guarantee you if you had done this in Virginia you will appear in court and you will do time. 155 MPH? You've got to be out of your freaking mind. Of course you didn't notice the police on the side of the road. You probably weren't capabale of seeing anything at that speed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">