• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket I don't think I should have got

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Metcat

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Mine is a strange situation. I left a parking area near my home on the way to work. Stopping at the intersection I looked both ways as one should do, saw nothing and proceeded to do a left turn onto a residential street. I made my turn and noticed 2 vehicles driving towards me at high speed apparently side by side. There were parked vehicles on both sides of the street. In an attempt to avoid a head on collision with the vehicle in my lane I moved to the right of my lane as far as I could. The vehicles still appeared to be side by side as I did that. The vehicle in my lane (still coming at me) appeared to speed up in order to get in front of the other vehicle. Before he did that he hit the back end of my car which then knocked me into one of the parked cars that I was close to. Both vehicles then drove off at high speed. I then called the police and waited. My car was totalled.

2 children and 2 adults found the 2 vehicles parked in a lot a block away. The vehicle that appeared to have hit me had anti freeze all over the windshield and severe damage to its left front end. Also, both vehicles had the same front license plates. The children knew where they lived and when the police arrived they arrested one man and where looking for the other.

6 statements were taken as well as mine and measurements were taken as well. Wreckage from my vehicle and the one that hit me was found about a block away the police had said. I received a citation for a failure to give right of way on a left turn and a court appearance. The officer said that it was ordinance and procedure in such cases. After that, the officer said that I had six witness statements and 4 officer statements on my side.

Now I learn that according to my claims adjuster the police report reflected none of that, nor any apparent arrests, no witness statements....etc. So, I had to pay to get my car out of the towing lot and disposal.

I feel I am getting set up here? What do I do?

:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">