• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for No Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sharicp35

A friend of mine was stopped in NYC for failure to wear a seat belt. He was driving his brothers car. The officer asked for his license registration, and insurance card. It turned out that his brother had let his insurance lapse on his vehicle and when my friend was stopped there was no insurance on his brothers car. He got a ticket, and had to go to court. He pleaded guilty, because he said he was...He got a $100.00 fine and he thought the case was over. Then he received a letter in the mail from the NYS Depart of Motor Vehicle that his NYS License was being suspended for a year because he was driving with out insurance. The problem is that he didn't have a NYS license he has a Connecticut license. How will affect him if his driving privledges in NYS are suspended. Will he be able to renew his license in CT because of this.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

This is the "Accident" law board, and your question has nothing to do with an accident. Please post your questions on the "Traffic Law" board.

Thanks.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">