• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kearse9090

I was recently pulled over and written a ticket for driving with a suspended license. However, my license was VALID at the time. The cop screwed up. I tried to explain this to him, but he refused to believe me and he wrote me the ticket anyway. What I need to know is, what documents do I need to take with me when I go see the judge so I can get this case dismissed? I live in the state of Missouri. Thanks in advance for any help.

tammy8

You need to go to Dept Motor Vehicles and licensing and have them give you proof that your license were not suspended at the time of your traffic stop.

Just because you still had your license doesn't mean that the state had not suspended them either. Are you 100% sure you don't have an unpaid ticket or such that would have caused a suspension? When many states issue the suspension of license, usually it is by a letter stating that the state is requiring that your license must be mailed to such and such address by such and such date.

M

macro9999

You have to understand something about motor vechicle departments..

When they mail you something, it goes to the address ON YOUR LICENSE.....

AND THE US POST OFFICE CANNOT LEGALLY FOWARD YOUR MAIL.

I just recieved a notice of a license renewal for the last tenant who lived here.....but weve lived here for 3 years!

So if i wasn't such a nice guy, and made a few phone calls to track her down, it could have been a license suspension notice instead of a renewal notice, then she would have been driving on a suspended license in about a week or two!

Last edited:
K

kearse9090

I have a copy of my driving record and my license was NOT suspended at the time. The cop simply screwed up (or was screwing with me).

I thought that a copy of my driving record from the local DMV would be enough, too. But I talked to a lawyer and he told me that a copy of my driving record is not proof of anything, so this has me confused. What IS proof that my license was not suspended at the time?

Btw, the address on my license is not a problem at all. I've had that address for years. I AM 100% sure I have no unpaid tickets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">