• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticketed for skidding off a highway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

virkaran

I was in a one car accident, when my car skid of the highway becuase of a slick spot of snow in state of Oklahoma. i was send a ticket for "improper behaviour during driving" mailed to my address. I have no idea why i was ticketed. But my concern is whether this ticket can prevent me from claiming inisurance coverage. Should i go ahead and pay the fine under "no-contendre" or dispute my ticket. Kinldy advice on this.

Any one out there been in a similar situation.

racer72

It is a drivers responsibility to operate their vehicle in a safe and legal manner irregardless of the weather or driving conditions. You considered the accident unavoidable and the officer disagreed. Unless you would consider the ticket a major hit to your driving record, it would cost more to fight it than pay it. Your insurance company should pay to repair your vehicle even if it your fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">