• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

time limit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

autoTex

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have stopped going to doctors for treatment for two reasons.
First being money and secondly to resolve this claim which is close to the 2year mark. I have submitted all my medical claims and like usual I'm still waiting on some sort of OFFER. My question is this: Am I still entitled to a settlement PAST the 2yr date if i have sumbitted necessary info and the insurance drags their feet past the time limit?? And then, since its past the date am i just stuck with what ever they offer or can i seek legal action for a reasonable amount??

thanks in advance

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

autoTex said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I have stopped going to doctors for treatment for two reasons.
First being money and secondly to resolve this claim which is close to the 2year mark. I have submitted all my medical claims and like usual I'm still waiting on some sort of OFFER. My question is this: Am I still entitled to a settlement PAST the 2yr date if i have sumbitted necessary info and the insurance drags their feet past the time limit?? And then, since its past the date am i just stuck with what ever they offer or can i seek legal action for a reasonable amount??

thanks in advance

===========================================

My response:

Unless you file your lawsuit against the tortfeasor prior to the expiration of the 2-year Statute of Limitations, you will be forever barred from making or collecting on your claims. After that time, it will be all over, and there's nothing you will be able to do. Since the Statute of Limitations is Jurisdictional in nature, the courts will be powerless to help you. So, file tomorrow.

If you don't file your lawsuit now, the medical bills will be 100% yours to deal with.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">