• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

time for procedures for car accident??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mustang

I was in a car accident in 98. I filed my letter of intent within the 120 days from date of accident. I had a mediation in Feb.99.I went to discovery in August of 2000. My question is,In general when do they start talking settlement? It has been 2 years 10 months since the accident. Is there a time limit for starting these talks? thank you.

Live in Canada....thought i wrote that....my appologies........

[Edited by mustang on 12-14-2000 at 05:48 AM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mustang said:
I was in a car accident in 98. I filed my letter of intent within the 120 days from date of accident. I had a mediation in Feb.99.I went to discovery in August of 2000. My question is,In general when do they start talking settlement? It has been 2 years 10 months since the accident. Is there a time limit for starting these talks? thank you.
My response:

It really is rough when you have a car accident in Uganda, Africa. There's no telling when the Chief of the tribe will, if ever, want to settle with you.

Sorry.

IAAL

Hint: We need your State name.

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-13-2000 at 09:10 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Inasmuch as there are more than a few of us in the States that would love to invade, take over, and annex Canada as our 51st State, that hasn't happened yet (perhaps next week, eh ?)

But, in the meantime, and since I practice American Law, specifically, California Law, I can't help you because I have no idea what procedures are necessary in Canada. As for myself, I would probably hire an attorney.

IAAL

M

mustang

why dont you invade canada??? i did!!!! i was born and bread in the good ole u.s. of a! perhaps we could use your sense of humor here!!! [ eh is for canadian born people, not us invaders]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Get out NOW !!

We got tired of using Bikini Island. Next week, we're going to test our 500 megaton on Toronto !! Get out, eh !!

IAAL

M

mustang

hey i am prepared....thanks for the warning! i CANT get out til my lawsuit is settled!!!!!! may i suggest buying a snow shovel and winter gear because once that explodes, its going to turn california into the next winter wonderland.....first time in history california is under 3 feet of snow! and instead of californians saying surfs up dude, they will be saying,"snow boarding eh??" thanks i needed a laugh today...see as i said before, we could use your humor here.

M

mustang

Your humor has made my day,thanks...i wish the lawyers here were like you, i wouldnt still be waiting for my case to be settled. There is definately a few things the canadians can learn from us yankees!! have a happy holidays eh? ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">