• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title ticket and non-vehicle release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abby

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I actually have three questions. 1) I know that if a vehicle title is titled in two persons name (states "or") a ticket may be issued such as in the case of "fleeing/leaving the scene of an accident" to both individuals. If both individuals received ticket and one has no knowledge of the accident, can prove you were not there, did not know you were tilted on the title because of a clerical error at the dealership when they sent for the title - should that individual go to court to fight the ticket or just pay it? I know that it is no points on the driver's license. (My understanding I signed papers to co-sign the loan only never was my intention to be on the title)

2) If an individual was in a one car accident (went off the road), no property damage except to their own vehicle, no one hurt and the only ticket thus far is for fleering/leaving the accident site without reporting it was issued but alcohol is suspected can they hold the vehicle so that the storage fees accumulate and Issurance Company can not take the vehicle and pay off the loan? What is the time frame to issue tickets?

seniorjudge

abby said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I actually have three questions. 1) I know that if a vehicle title is titled in two persons name (states "or") a ticket may be issued such as in the case of "fleeing/leaving the scene of an accident" to both individuals. If both individuals received ticket and one has no knowledge of the accident, can prove you were not there, did not know you were tilted on the title because of a clerical error at the dealership when they sent for the title - should that individual go to court to fight the ticket or just pay it? I know that it is no points on the driver's license. (My understanding I signed papers to co-sign the loan only never was my intention to be on the title)

2) If an individual was in a one car accident (went off the road), no property damage except to their own vehicle, no one hurt and the only ticket thus far is for fleering/leaving the accident site without reporting it was issued but alcohol is suspected can they hold the vehicle so that the storage fees accumulate and Issurance Company can not take the vehicle and pay off the loan? What is the time frame to issue tickets?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1246557#post1246557

double post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">