• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tmsmit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmsmit

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan. I without a brain was operating my vehicle without insurance and was involved in a accident of no fault of my own, the other driver rear ended me going 55 mph while I was at a complete stop. Do I have any recourse to the accident of course my vehicle was totaled. I also ended up with whip lash and back injuries. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rmet4nzkx

tmsmit said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan. I without a brain was operating my vehicle without insurance and was involved in a accident of no fault of my own, the other driver rear ended me going 55 mph while I was at a complete stop. Do I have any recourse to the accident of course my vehicle was totaled. I also ended up with whip lash and back injuries. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You were without
Brain
insurance
fault
forward speed
have you made a claim with the at fault party's insurance?

mlk1978

Well, you realy cant file a claim with their insurance company. You can, but most likey it will get denied. You would only get your deductible back from them anyway and the mini-tort max is only $500. You can take it to small claims court to sue the other guy for the damages to your car, and you can sue him and/or his insurance company for bodily injury, but you might not want to do that either because if you didn't already get in trouble the judge can make that decision for you when you bring it to court. Technically you shouldn't have been driving to begin with and I am sure the other party will argue that. But it is worth a shot, you just never know! Especially if it was an "innocent" no prior, meaning your car was broke and now it's not or it was only a couple of days and you didn't realize your payment was due. Have you reinstated your policy yet?

Last edited:
T

Trucking Mad

Uninsured, Not At Fault.

:rolleyes: If I understand your post correct. You were not insured, you're the owner of the auto, you were hit and you're not at fault. You want to know if you could sue the other party? NO!
You are legally barred from bringing suit against the at-fault driver. There is claim for 1st party benefits. :cool:
Good Day to You!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">