• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TN law on dead stop on blind curve

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

born4chem

A woman dead stop on a busy 2 lane county road on a BLIND CURVE to ask a a man on a tractor for directions. (The man was on th opposite side of the road in a feild?!?) Why she didn't just pull somewhere off the road & ask someone within earshot for directions I do not understand...

Well, 2 trucks were able to stop but I alas had only 40 feet going about 40mph to stop ...and if I had just 5-10 more feet I would have not crashed. I ended up with a bloody nose and a little disorietation. After checking on my 21 month daughter I attempted to check on everyone else (no one was hurt) I asked for her info and she claimed family emergency (dad in hospital in IN, we were in TN) She claimed she had to find the interstate and go to him and she left the scene leaving no info and claiming she didn't cause the accident. The men did get her tag #, and I think she returned or the police found her, but I did not get to get insurance or info (I was disoriented & taking care of my daughter). But the police did not even want my disposition said they already had 2 witnesses claiming she was at fault.

So my concern is how do I get her insurance, if she has any. I asked initially for dr license and info, that is when she left the acc! She was more intereseted in contacting her friend(asked other man with cell to call 411 to find friend #)!?! than calling police or help. Also, do I have a right to seek her to cover damages. In truth it was me that hit vehicle #3 into #2 , #1 was free from damages).Police officer said she(#1) was at fault, dead stop on blind curve. My vehicle #4 of 4 had the only only real damages, while minor, it will still be costly. This occured in the state of TN.

Thanks for your interest and time, Cindy B

HomeGuru

born4chem said:
A woman dead stop on a busy 2 lane county road on a BLIND CURVE to ask a a man on a tractor for directions. (The man was on th opposite side of the road in a feild?!?) Why she didn't just pull somewhere off the road & ask someone within earshot for directions I do not understand...

Well, 2 trucks were able to stop but I alas had only 40 feet going about 40mph to stop ...and if I had just 5-10 more feet I would have not crashed. I ended up with a bloody nose and a little disorietation. After checking on my 21 month daughter I attempted to check on everyone else (no one was hurt) I asked for her info and she claimed family emergency (dad in hospital in IN, we were in TN) She claimed she had to find the interstate and go to him and she left the scene leaving no info and claiming she didn't cause the accident. The men did get her tag #, and I think she returned or the police found her, but I did not get to get insurance or info (I was disoriented & taking care of my daughter). But the police did not even want my disposition said they already had 2 witnesses claiming she was at fault.

So my concern is how do I get her insurance, if she has any. I asked initially for dr license and info, that is when she left the acc! She was more intereseted in contacting her friend(asked other man with cell to call 411 to find friend #)!?! than calling police or help. Also, do I have a right to seek her to cover damages. In truth it was me that hit vehicle #3 into #2 , #1 was free from damages).Police officer said she(#1) was at fault, dead stop on blind curve. My vehicle #4 of 4 had the only only real damages, while minor, it will still be costly. This occured in the state of TN.

Thanks for your interest and time, Cindy B
**A: you did ger her name, license # and license plate # of the vehicle correct?

JETX

Your post is confusing.
In one place, you say, "The men did get her tag #, and I think she returned or the police found her, but I did not get to get insurance or info". Then, "So my concern is how do I get her insurance, if she has any. I asked initially for dr license and info, that is when she left the acc!"

The obvious answer is to get a copy of the police report. And if one is not available or the information is missing, then simply file an 'uninsured motorist' claim with YOUR insurance.

B

born4chem

This post is to help clarify: Another man involved in the accident wrote down her "license plate tag number", But she would not say her name or give us her driver's license number, she chaotically insisted she had to leave(claiming family emergency, I need a friend's telephone #, where is the interstate, I did not cause the accident, etc and left before the police arrived) .

BelizeBreeze

And what have you done to this point?

Listen, the people who are trying to help you are some of the best on this forum. But you're doing yourself no favors. Come back and give COMPLETE details, including whether or not you filed a police report, if you have a copy, have you retained an attorney and if you have witness statements.

Help yourself because at this point, you make no sense.

JETX

Okay, lets cut to the chase....
Gather whatever information you have and simply turn it over to YOUR insurance company. They will either find the 'at fault' party and pursue the claim against her, or will cover your damages with your uninsured motorist coverage.
Of course, you do have insurance, don't you??

B

born4chem

Apologies if the previous posts seem to be lacking.
I am waiting for the police report to be turned in, I hope to acquire info about the lady driving the 1st car. She left the accident scene when I asked her for her license # and insurance, another driver did write down her vehicle tag #. When the officers arrived they did not take my statement, but did say the 2 other quoted witnesses both indicated that the first driver was at fault. "At fault" was the terminology used by the officer. The four vehicles were involved are the vehicle #1 (lady that dead stop on blind curve), #2 and #3 (both trucks who stopped behind #1 w/o hitting), #4 (me who hit #3). My insurance is covering damages currently, but we have a deductable and plus I do not want our insurance to increase if legally the other driver is at fault. My primary concern/question is that does "at fault" according to TN law indicate that she is responsible for my damages even though I did the hitting?

While I can determine the velocity of an atom and perhaps my van; the legality of my van's fusion with the truck I cannot. So, I apreciate your time and expertise. Born4chem :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">