• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Today adjuster is coming in with initial offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dandt

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was rearended in mid October. The other driver was cited. All of the figures are in and it looks like medical and wages are 1750.00. I do not have an attorney. I wanted to see what the initial offer was first.

Doing all the research that I have done, and reading various posts and replys, I have an idea what my claim is worth. My question is how much above and beyond do I want to go, so I have room to negotiate?

Can I factor in possible future medical expenses and diminished value for my car?

Last edited:

emartin890

dandt said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was rearended in mid October. The other driver was cited. All of the figures are in and it looks like medical and wages are 1750.00. I do not have an attorney. I wanted to see what the initial offer was first.

Doing all the research that I have done, and reading various posts and replys, I have an idea what my claim is worth. My question is how much above and beyond do I want to go, so I have room to negotiate?

Can I factor in possible future medical expenses and diminished value for my car?
All I can say is do not expect them to offer much, I have been trying to settle a claim for almost 2 years, I finally let it go to an attorney after they kept lowballing me.. I suffered 8 broken ribs, 2 bulging disks in my back, a rotator cuff impingement, and have been in constant treatment and agony since the accident on 4/22/04, My meds are 27k.. I am still really messed up and having to go to pain clinics for back treatments and all they would offer is 42..
Most will say 3 to five times your medicals, but without an Attorney and depending on how serious your injuries are, they will offer you nothing without having a lawyer backing you.. We are filing suit as soon as the attorney can get it done..
As far as diminished value on your car, that is totally separate from your medical and wages claim..Again you will play hell getting anything above book value if it was totalled..and if they fix it, they will not add too much on the diminished value
Good Luck to you,
Sorry I could not have more positive news.. But Insurance companies are a pain. They will settle with stupid people that spill hot coffee in their lap, but people that are really hurt get screwed unless you hire attorneys.. I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!

dandt

Thanks for the input. I totally expect that they will lowball me due to the fact that they know that I haven't an attorney.

emartin890

dandt said:
so what you are saying is that without an attorney they will attempt to treat you unfairly?
From my experience, and what I have seen on this board and others, yes..
If your offer is coming in today see what they offer you..also if you are thinking about future meds it may be too soon for you to settle.. I am still in treatment and it took a long time for some of the injuries to rear their ugly heads. The reason we are filing now is we are getting close to Statute of limitations..And the insurance company has refused to budge from 42, when my lawyer thinks the case is more in the 70 to 90 range easy.. You have no leverage as an individual with the adjusters and they know it..Sad but true.. If they would settle with me it would cost them thousands less than with the attorney, but they have refused..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">