• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was told i have an m4?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crodriguez1001

Actual post!!!! Sorry dont know how this works yet...

A few days ago i was involved in a very minor accident. I was cited failed to yeild while turning left. There was no damage to either vehicle besides slight scruffs, and obviously no injuries. I was told by the officer court appearance was not mandatory, i simply had to call and find out the cost of the ticket.
When i called two days later, i was told that because i had a speeding ticket withing the last 12 months, that this citation was considered "m4" and that court appearance is mandatory. I am normally a very safe driver, this prior speeding ticket was my first and only moving violation, and this was my first accident.
**Can this case be dropped since there was no injury and such minor damage?
**Can the case be dismissed if the other driver does not appear?
** Does the officer have to show up as well?
**What kind of fines can i expect to pay at this appearance?

I am 4 months pregnant, extremely nervous and emotional, and have no idea what to do or how to handle this...

Thank you!

quincy

A few days ago i was involved in a very minor accident. I was cited failed to yeild while turning left. There was no damage to either vehicle besides slight scruffs, and obviously no injuries. I was told by the officer court appearance was not mandatory, i simply had to call and find out the cost of the ticket.
When i called two days later, i was told that because i had a speeding ticket withing the last 12 months, that this citation was considered "m4" and that court appearance is mandatory. I am normally a very safe driver, this prior speeding ticket was my first and only moving violation, and this was my first accident.

I am 4 months pregnant, extremely nervous and emotional, and have no idea what to do or how to handle this...

Thank you!
What is the name of your state, Crodriguez1001?

adjusterjack

No.

The citation is for failure to yield. The amount of the damage is irrelevant.

Possibly. But it depend on what the officer will say about what he observed when he arrived on the scene. No way to predict.

He'll show up. He gets paid to spend the day in court. Won't be for just you.

The following is from an Ohio lawyer's website:

Most failure to yield tickets are minor misdemeanors that are punishable by up to $150 in fines. However, if you plead or are found guilty of a failure to yield violation and have previously been convicted of another traffic offense within the last year, you may be found guilty of a fourth degree misdemeanor which is punishable by up to $250 in fines and 30 days in jail.
http://www.columbuscriminalattorney.com/moving-traffic-violations/failure-yield/

4th degree misdemeanor is probably what M4 stands for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">