• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it too late to sue for mediclal costs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

foxlover

My boy friend was involved in an accident that was,by all accounts, the fault of the other driver. My boyfriends car was totalled and, though he was uninsured (and cited),he was able to recover the value of the car from the other party's insurance. He had hit his head and arm on the steering wheel, which was actually bent on impact; but not enough to seek medical attention. He was without a car,the rental had to be returned when they agreed on the value. Before they issued the check , the ins. co. had him sign something stating that he was satisfied (they had given him $150.00 for his pain and suffering even though he wasn't asking compensation for injuries) and would not make any additional claims regarding this incident. Now, two months later, he can hardly use his arm due to the pain. We are in California.
Is there any chance that he can still get medical relief from the insurance company?

seniorjudge

foxlover said:
My boy friend was involved in an accident that was,by all accounts, the fault of the other driver. My boyfriends car was totalled and, though he was uninsured (and cited),he was able to recover the value of the car from the other party's insurance. He had hit his head and arm on the steering wheel, which was actually bent on impact; but not enough to seek medical attention. He was without a car,the rental had to be returned when they agreed on the value. Before they issued the check , the ins. co. had him sign something stating that he was satisfied (they had given him $150.00 for his pain and suffering even though he wasn't asking compensation for injuries) and would not make any additional claims regarding this incident. Now, two months later, he can hardly use his arm due to the pain. We are in California.
Is there any chance that he can still get medical relief from the insurance company?
If your friend has already released the insurance carrier from liability, then, no, he cannot sue them for anything he has signed away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">