• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tooney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hamker

What is the name of your state?Kentucky
My doctor has told me that I may not legally drive for 90 days after passing out , under his care he must report it to the state. The background of this issue is I had a botched hernia surgery that required a second outpatient surgery after having much pain and a morphine pump while I was at home. 25 days later, after the start of all of this, I was getting a haircut and passed out for a total of about 20 seconds. The doctor ordered a battery of extensive tests that all came back clear. I have lost a month of income with the surgeries and now Iam facing 90 days of income loss because my job requires driving. What is the specifics of this law and do I have any recourse?

racer72

90 days is nothing if you happen to black out while driving. A worst case scenario could be a conviction for vehicular manslaughter and 20 years in prison. My father lost his driving priveliges becauses of minor diabetic seizures that last for just few seconds and he's only had a couple of them. If you are paid to drive, you may qualify for disability through your employer or unemployment from your state. The doctor is only doing what is required of him by law, he could be held liable if you kill yourself or someone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">