• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

total loss???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yeehaa40420

What is the name of your state? PA

My car was hit by another car in September. The other driver's ins. co. says my car is a total loss because of the pre accident condition of it. I disaree as I've been driving the car every day to take my kids to work. My problem is that the ins. co. won't pay unless I sign over my car to them. I NEED my car to make sure I have an income. I've been told I can keep my car by getting a salvage certificate. When I get the salvage certificate I will have to sign over my title and then apply for an "R-title". While waiting up to six weeks for the "R-title" to come to me from the state capitol I will NOT be allowed to drive my car; back to the income problem. I am not financially able to be without my car for any length of time. This seems as though I'm being penalized even though the accident was their policy holders fault. I don't believe a dented bumper and front quarter panel and broken parking light would make my car a total loss.

racer72

What year and make is your car? If it is over 10 years old it does not take much to total a car. Other things you also have to consider. If you keep your car, there are very few insurance companies that will insure cars with rebuilt or salvage titles. Also the car will have to pass a state inspection to obtain another title. And if anything on the car does not work, you will not get another title.

Y

yeehaa40420

total loss??

My car is an 89 Ford Festiva L. It was in very good condition before the accident and had just passed both emission and safety inspections. The only things that would keep it from passing now are the broken parking light and the missing bumper clip.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">