• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Total loss = loss of 2500 dollars or does it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

modestr6

First of all thanks for reading. Im from North Carolina. I was in a car accident a few weeks ago...End result is the other driver is at fault for running a red light. My truck was totalled and the insurance left me with about 2500 to pay off. Gap would of paid this however the month I bought it I also refinaced it, not knowing that refinacing voids the Gap until now. Can I take the Driver at fault to small claims to pay off the 2500 or am I out of luck. thanks.

seniorjudge

Q: Can I take the Driver at fault to small claims to pay off the 2500?

A: Maybe. Did you sign a full release when you got the dough from the insurance company?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
First of all thanks for reading. Im from North Carolina. I was in a car accident a few weeks ago...End result is the other driver is at fault for running a red light. My truck was totalled and the insurance left me with about 2500 to pay off. Gap would of paid this however the month I bought it I also refinaced it, not knowing that refinacing voids the Gap until now. Can I take the Driver at fault to small claims to pay off the 2500 or am I out of luck. thanks.
You are entitled to the value of the car. It is not the other driver's fault that you owed more than the car was worth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">