• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Total loss settlement and arbitration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shawnma

What is the name of your state? Mass

Does people not the insurance has to pay the cost for go through the arbitration when can not agree on the settlement?

Thanks.

Last edited:

lwpat

I thought that the costs of the arbitration was included in the decision. The referee could assign the costs to either party or split them.

Call the insurance commission, they should be able to give you the answer.

JETX

Actually, the cost of arbitration is paid BEFORE the meeting and is usually ordered to be paid by EACH party.

lwpat

I understand but I thought the costs could be included in your demand just like court costs.

S

shawnma

Thanks!

Just do not know how much going to cost. I heard people said it is very expensive. Both side have to pay and hire their own "adjuster", to discuss the settlement.

JETX

Arbitration can be anywhere from dirt cheap to damn expensive.

I have had cases where arbitration costs were $50 for each party.... up to $450 EACH for 1/2 day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">