• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

totaled auto

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jujo38

My car was recently totalled and I was told that the insurance company by law has to give me car lot prices for the cost of my auto. I checked the blue book figure and it is 8685 dollars the insurance company offered me 6300 dollars. My question is do they or do they not have to pay me blue book figures. thanks

L

Lashondra Jordan

jujo38 said:
My car was recently totalled and I was told that the insurance company by law has to give me car lot prices for the cost of my auto. I checked the blue book figure and it is 8685 dollars the insurance company offered me 6300 dollars. My question is do they or do they not have to pay me blue book figures. thanks

D

ductman

As I am finding out , no they dont give you book value. I was told they give you cash value , what it was before the wreck . Which I dont think is right! They dont give book value because in the book figures there are fees added into them that a "dealer" would have to pay to resale the auto. My problem is they are not giving me book value for mine but when I go get a Auto I will HAVE to pay the book value or more for a replacment auto .Doesn't seem fair because with what they are giving me I will have to add atleast 2k out of my pocket to get the same type vehicl I had. The ticker is I did cause it but I will end up paying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">