• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Totaled Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

siaan

What is the name of your state?Kansas.

My car(along with 2 other cars) was badly damaged in a car accident several months ago. The other driver was at fault-had liability insurance on his vehicle. My vehicle was just
purchased this 4/2005-brand new. Over the last several months i have been haggling with my insurance carrier and the
lein holder GMAC on resolving the payoff on this now declared totaled vehicle. My insurance made contact with GMAC on the totaled value offer on my vehicle. Gmac wanted their money in full. My insurance would not cut the check until they
had the title to the vehicle..... You see where I am going with this.. I am caught n the middle with no vehicle.GMAC is willing to service me with another vehicle. But cannot proceed until this total vehicle contract has been closed in their computers. My insurance needs the title of the car transferred over to them. GMAC refuses to title documents to my insurance because $1700.00 remaining unpaid??? I paid the $1700.00 to move this process thru more quickly. Needless to say I have been put in the middle of this issue i am out $1700.00 and I still cannot drive my vehicle as I do not have the money to register this vehicle for my plates. I feel as though I have been scre---- and do not know where to turn. Please help.

rmet4nzkx

siaan said:
What is the name of your state?Kansas.

My car(along with 2 other cars) was badly damaged in a car accident several months ago. The other driver was at fault-had liability insurance on his vehicle. My vehicle was just
purchased this 4/2005-brand new. Over the last several months i have been haggling with my insurance carrier and the
lein holder GMAC on resolving the payoff on this now declared totaled vehicle. My insurance made contact with GMAC on the totaled value offer on my vehicle. Gmac wanted their money in full. My insurance would not cut the check until they
had the title to the vehicle..... You see where I am going with this.. I am caught n the middle with no vehicle.GMAC is willing to service me with another vehicle. But cannot proceed until this total vehicle contract has been closed in their computers. My insurance needs the title of the car transferred over to them. GMAC refuses to title documents to my insurance because $1700.00 remaining unpaid??? I paid the $1700.00 to move this process thru more quickly. Needless to say I have been put in the middle of this issue i am out $1700.00 and I still cannot drive my vehicle as I do not have the money to register this vehicle for my plates. I feel as though I have been scre---- and do not know where to turn. Please help.
Have you made a claim to the at fault party's insurance? Were you injured?

siaan

My vehicle along with 3 other cars parked in front of me were
basically totaled. My car was hit head on from the back. Fortunately enough there was no one occupying the vehicle when the crash occured. I don't have any medical damages to file. Is it possible to get a itemized report of what my insurance has paid to the lien holder and me since the date this claim was filed? how long do I have to settle any disputes I have with my insurance or GMAC on this?

siaan

The person at fault on had liability insurance of about $10K.
This was distributed to me and the other 3 victims.. which after my insurance got their portion I got a couple hundred dollars.

lwpat

Sounds like you got caught by the "gap". The value of your car was less than what was owed and you did not have gap insurance. Nothing you can do except get full coverage next time.

siaan

I have recently heard of gap insurance... but I have a couple of questions. This gap insurance must be purchased thru the lien holder or supplement coverage thru my insurance.
If I had this GAP insurance coverage who is responsible for reimbursing me the payment I sent? GMAC or MY INSURANCE

If this is the case... GMAC did not explain this to me. They were placing the blame on my insurance carrier as if they owed them the remaining $1700.00.

Now that I have a replacement vehicle.. am I responsible. Is my responsibilty to pay state sales tax?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">