• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Totalled Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

riotzone299

What is the name of your state?I live in Pennsylvania. I was involved in a car accident two weeks ago. The other driver was at fault. Her insurance company valued my car below what i still owe on the lease. It was a 1998 explorer. I'm worried that the leasing bank will tell me I still owe them. I'm also out of a car and can't get a another one due to credit problems. Is there any way to get her insurance company to give me more money to at least replace my car.

Lynx 36

The insurance company will only give you fair market value f/ the car. They are not required to pay off your loan. So unless you have gap insurance you will be responsible f/ the balance of your loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">