• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing Company Damaged My SUV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greenfiend

Orange County, CA

:eek: Two weeks ago my suv was damaged by a towing company, the driver of the tow truck struck a light post. The owner of the towing company now refuses to provide insurance info and has become hostile.

I checked with the DMV, using the towing company's MCP#. The records show that all recent liability coverage has expired, but that there are a couple of old policies that show as valid (technically). The DMV told me to get an attorney, because in the DMV's view those insurance policies can still be considered active, since they (the dmv) haven't been notified. I called one of the companies and they refused to help, because their records show the policy is expired.

The damage is about $3000 and growing with rental fees. The police report is not available yet, but I'm not holding my breath that the information I need will be included. I can't afford taking this out of my insurance right now, much less hiring an attorney. The lawyers I have spoke with wouldn't think of touching a case worth less than $10-$20000.

Shouldn't someone have valid insurance info on this company?

Any ideas on how I can resolve this quickly and cheaply?

Thanks in advance,
GF

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">