• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

towing storage fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mdease

What is the name of your state? ca
I need to know if I can sue for storage fees of a vehicle in small claims court. The situation is as follows:

"AAA" sent a towing company per my request (after a pretty bad car accident). I was going to have the car towed to a body shop I was familiar with but the tow driver suggested a body shop (of the same name his towing company is: Cities towing/Cities autobody). I had a head injury and wanted the easiest option so I agreed. I signed a work order with the autobody shop ("Authorization for repair and power of attorney"). I wasn't sure if the car was totaled and needed an estimate. Friday the car was dropped off. The body guy told me he would look at on Monday. Each day he said it wouldn't be able to look at it until Thursday he finally looked at it. It was then determined that the car was a loss and unrepairable. The towing company then told me that I owed for 7 days storage since I wasn't have my car serviced there. I was not told of a potential storage charge and the only thing I signed was the work order. I feel like I was scammed because I would not have agreed to continually allow the body shop to push the day further and further had I known there was a storage fee. Since the I have a signed work order for the body shop, shouldn't they have been responsible for the storage of my vehicle? Can I sue the towing company for the storage fees for the same reason? Any insight would help.

scammed :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">