• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing truck damaged my car - HELP - what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bayray

What is the name of your state? I am in North Carolina and this happened in NC.

Here is the story. Bear with me please:

Today I had to use AAA's towing service. The truck was of those that drag the car and the front wheels were on the little rack thing that is "hanging" from the truck - I don't know hwo to explain it better. When we got to my house, I asked them to get the car on the driveway (which is slight uphill) and he said "I can try". While "trying" the wheels came off the truck's rack on which they were and this rack broke/dented the front bumper and the passenger's side fender.

Initially, he denied having done anything. My car had been in an accident and the front bumper had been bruised, and on the fender, close to the new dent, there is some rust. So he said that it was from before - I and two members of my family saw when the truck's "rack thing" hit the car.
Eventually, I wrote on a sheet of paper that such and such damage was done on my car from his truck and he signed it. Thus, he said: "I did it." Right? Also, he provided me with his insurance info.

Later, came his boss (they had trouble getting the rack out from underneath the car) and they all tried to deny the damage again, saying there was prior damage. Nothing much happened.

I filed a complaint with AAA and now I am waiting to hear from them.
I also have not signed any "damage waiver" before or after the damage - he never asked me, although he saw the car had already been damaged. He also did not fill in any "vehicle condition" report before he began towing.

What should I do now? Should I go ahead and contact the towing company's insurance agency? Should I call my insurance agency to ask them what to do? HEELP!!! I need HELP!! Any advice - HIGHLY appreciated!!!

THANK YOU!!!

stephenk

" this rack broke/dented the front bumper and the passenger's side fender."

"My car had been in an accident and the front bumper had been bruised, and on the fender, close to the new dent, there is some rust."

You had prior damage to the front bumper and fender, right?

Do you now want AAA or the tow company to pay for a new bumper and fender? Depending on the age of the car and the amount of prior damage, you may only be entitled to the amount of money to fix the additional damage caused by the tow truck. if you get money to replace the bumper and fender, consider it a gift.

bayray

Hey,

Thanks for your response.

The car is from 1995.

Well, the paint on the front bumper had been bruised from a past accident. But structurally the bumper was in excellent condition. Now it is punctured from the truck's rack.

The rust on the fender is very little and the fender was absolutely with no dents.

What do you think I should do? Should I call their ins. company?

Bayray

bayray

Any other thoughts

Any other thoughts on that case. i am still thinking if I should go and file a claim or whatever. Is it gonna be worth it?
Bayray

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">