• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tractor,Truck accident claims son life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justice86

On May 27, 2000 my only son eighteen year of age was killed while working driving a tractor to the farm shop on the highway where the speed limit is posted at 55 mph. another young driver eighteen also stated he was going about 65 mph when he hit the tractor in the rear causing it to which skidded 39ft. and overturn on top of my son which crush him to death. This young man is know to many to drive at a very high rate of speed which there have been numerous of complaint to the Police & Sheriff Dept. nothing done because his uncle is a Deputy Sheriff and this is a small town he is white and my son is black there was never any tickets issues to this young man until I kept on the issue on Oct. 31, 2000 the trooper did write three ticket no not any for speeding just 1). Negligence Homicide 2). Following to Close 3).Reckless & Careless Driving which went to court in Municipal Court where the Judge is a friend of the family rule not gulity on 1. Negligence Homicide not gulity on 2. Following to Close but guilty on 3. Reckless & Careless Driving which he fine him $100.00 plus court cost total of $175.00 and suspended his driver's license for six months but he is still able to drive to school and to work related activities, this has taken me down so bad because 1. this young man was driving over the speed limit and 2. was said to have been drinking which they have cover-up they said they set the urine sample was the only procedure they did to the Ark. Crime Lab and it taken over four months to get the result back from which were negative we have never seen the result on paper. Where do I go from her I have a case file in Civil Court at this time but I am up against a system that has no Justice For The Black Man.
Please help me. Thanks Out For Justice In Arkansas

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

My condolensces to you. It must be very hard to lose a child.

The only thing I can think of is to hire an attorney ASAP. You don't have much time. There is a lot going on here. Try http://www.attorneypages.com and /or your state bar.

racer72

I have never been to Arkansas so I do not know how this angle to correcting an obvious misjustice will work there. It is very apparent that if the situation had been reversed, a black man get into an accident and kills a white man, the penalties would have been much more severe. You should contact the NAACP and see if they would be willing to assist you. As far as I am concerned, it sounds like the kid got away with murder. This is the classic example of unequal justice. I wish you all the luck in the world and you have all my support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">