• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pirate2323

What is the name of your state? ky

My wife got a speeding ticket in north carolina for a 64 in a 55. Is there a reciprocal agreement between north carolina and kentucky for reporting tickets?

If the insurance and her KY license wont be affected, then we will just pay the fine. If not we will fight it with the lawyer. Any idea if she has a good shot at getting it thrown out or a prayer for judgement since she has never had a ticket and was on the way to NC for a funeral. Also she was a NC resident up until last year.

thanks in advance

K

knotcops

Insurance companies run MVR's from all states. They will find it, just a matter of time.
I think your wasting your money on an attorney. You can explain to the Judge the situation, but she got caught speeding, and that is that.

P

pirate2323

Any other advice out there answering my question about prayer for judgements or ticket being reduced or thrown out since first offense.

thanks

A

azmother3

She got caught speeding shes lucky this was her first time getting caught. The advice above stands insurance companies do run reports from all states and it will be caught eventually. Its alot cheaper also to pay the fine then hire a lawyer regarding this. If you want to fight it (why I am unsure) you can appear in traffice court on the scheduled date and respresent yourself.

racer72

You present no evidence that the ticket was not valid or proper. I would suggest you use and attorney to fight the ticket. There are options such as traffic school or deferred prosecution that can keep the ticket off one's driving record.

P

pirate2323

The infraction happened in another state so not an option to appear personally. I was asking about a prayer for judgement because when I was younger, I got one in NC and it kept the ticket off my record. I also didnt get into specifics of the incident to avoid a long post. luck had nothing to do with it, my wife is a safe driver with nothing on her record and just happened to be in another state with kentucky tags.

Does anyone know how many insurance points a 64 in 55 counts for as opposed to say 59 in 55. Is there much or any difference.

thanks again.

K

knotcops

As to points, there will be no difference between the two speeds. A speeding ticket is a speeding ticket other than reckless which will be higher. Each state set the point range differently, some states count for 2, others for 3 and 4.

P

pirate2323

so insurance companies don't have a standard point system? You could get 2 insurance points for going 9 over in hawaii and say 4 points for going 9 over in new york?

I'm just trying to understand how this works. My whole reason for this original post was to find out the best method for my long term insurance costs and what possibilities or probabilities that a lawyer could get the ticket removed or deffered judgement.

tammy8

Call and talk to your insurance company. Find out what the points are for this type of violation. For example in NC, a 64 in a 55 is considered a non chargable ticket, unless you have something else in a 3 yr period. HOwever if this is more than your only violation, you will get 2 insurance points. But the points differ from state to state. Your insurance company should be able to advise what would be your best route in this matter.

C

coosi

Don't know if this helps, but in Arizona, once every 24 months you can opt for traffic school, at $111.00 and 8 hours of time. This results in no points being assessed...

A

azmother3

unless they changed it in Arizona its every 36 months not 24 months

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">