• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic ticket in Oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mark Duff

last night i was pulled over by an officer in tigard oregon, I had not broken the law in any way to my knowledge. when the officer came to my window i asked him why he had pulled me over. he stated that my truck was not registered. i told him it was, showed him proof, plus my insurance and my drivers license (truck had valid tags). he handed back my insurance and the went to his car. he then came back and stated that he was giving me a ticket for driving on a suspended license, to my suprise i said you have to have the wrong person, he said no, stated that i didn't show up to a court date in nov 99', took my license and told me he could impound my truck but wouldn't due to my to large dogs in the back that were barking at him. stating that they would be a hazard. my question is... was this legal for him to take my only proof of i.d. and how do i go about taking care of this issue. plus if i was driving with a suspended license why didn't he arrest me? i am a contractor and need to drive, plus this is a false accusation or mess up at dmv. my dmv is closed today or i would be sorting this out right now. the officer was un-willing in any way to help and at no point was i rude, i treated him with total respect. any help would be appreciated.
thank you
mark duff
roofco northwest

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">